As Senior Accountant you will report directly to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for developing, implementing and marinating accounting system Hyperion.
As Senior Accountant you will manage all journal entries, General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable and Revenue Reconciliation, you be also be expected to review and interpret financial reporting requirements, rules, and regulations.
Balancing books and preparing profit and loss, cash flow, income and balance sheet statements is an important focus for the successful Senior Accountant along with monitoring and developing monthly reports/revenues and expenditures for projects.
The main responsibilities for the successful candidate will include but are not limited to;
• Prepare federal, state, and local reports and tax returns. .
• May assist in the setup of processes and procedures that properly capture, track, and report revenue, including deferred revenue, in accordance with the company revenue recognition policy.
• Partner with key staff and managers to obtain relevant information for month end activities.
• Lead accounting activities including developing processes consistent with Invensys business, deploying standard processes, ensuring compliance with corporate accounting policies and standards of internal control.
• Ensure compliance with IFRS and statutory accounting requirements.
• Drive initiatives in Finance/ Accounting relating to:
o General Accounting,
o Cost Accounting including standard Cost Variance Analysis,
o Capital Projects Requests Development and Expense Control, Month End Reporting, Process Improvement Savings Calculations and Reporting, and Inventory Control and Obsolete Inventory Analysis.
• Ensure all financial reporting is completed accurately and timely.
• Identify and communicate financial issues, risks, and opportunities.
• Research accounting and reporting issues; recommend actions based on accounting and/ or reporting requirements.
• Advise junior accountants to facilitate learning, consistency, and technical depth.
• Stay current with all accounting and reporting requirements which impact Invensys Nigeria’s accounting and external reporting requirements.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following;
• Bachelors Degree in finance or accounting or equivalent.
• Proven experience within a Finance environment as a Accountant/Financial controller/Finance analyst of a multinational enterprise with a strong background in finance or accounting in previous positions.
• A fact-based, analytical approach to all business decisions, with an emphasis on the financial performance of the team.
• Knowledge of Hyperion is essential.
• Strong skills in Excel (advanced level)
• Should be knowledgeable in Nigerian and IFRS accounting standards (incl. taxation).
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate in English through all levels of the organization and with multinational personnel from a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
• Highly motivated and able to work independently.
• Good understanding of international business environment is beneficial but not necessary.
• Candidates will be naturally fact-based, process-oriented, and results-driven, and have a track record of success in organizations that require and develop these traits.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver results by established deadlines.
• Good negotiating and presentation skills.
• Team player, able to work with people at all levels across the business.
• The highest possible level of ethics and values in both personal and professional conduct.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Invensys Operations Management offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
To apply for this role or for further details, please contact;
Tel: 01293 643335
Alternatively, please apply via the careers website at http://www.invensys.com
Invensys Systems (Nigeria) Ltd is a member of the Invensys Operations Management division of Invensys plc, which provides products, services and solutions for the automation and optimization of industrial process plants. These range from small hybrid and batch plants to the world’s largest refineries, gas plants, petrochemicals plants, power plants, pulp and paper mills, and mineral processing plants.
- March 28, 2013
- Mid-Senior level
- Oil & Energy, Industrial Automation
- Job ID:
Apply Now On Fire!
Job Details (Ref: REF:2013-FIN-01)
|Job Reference No.:||REF:2013-FIN-01|
|Job Title:||FINANCE ANALYST|
|Job Description:||To provide analytical support to existing and new businesses.|
|Required Qualifications:||Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper Division or Higher National Diploma at Upper Credit in Accounting, Business Administration, Banking/Finance or Economics, plus ICAN/ACCA/ACA/CPA or any other internationally recognized professional accounting certification.|
|Required Skills:||-Strong analytical skills
-Good organizational and interpersonal skills
-Ability to work in a diverse team
-Effective communication skills
-Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
|Experience||Maximum of Five (5) years relevant post National Youth Service experience in the Accounting, Audit or Finance department of a reputable multinational organization or professional accounting firm.|
|Job Type:||Full Time (Regular)|
|Effective Job Opening Date:||4/9/2013|
|Job Closing Date:||4/30/2013|
- What is ACCA (goldenacca.wordpress.com)
- Senior Finance Officer (eco-business.com)
- CV CLINIC – Review of CV1 (jarushub.com)
- CV templates and tips (reed.co.uk)
- Accountant (wgno.com)
- Tax Season Spurs Hiring in Accounting Sector, Confirms Hound.com (prweb.com)
- Account Executive (fox40.com)
- PB CAREERS: Best Buy – Senior Financial Analyst (mypbrand.com)
- Employment Opportunities week of April 1, 2013 (lawrencenewsweekly.typepad.com)