Commonwealth Shared Scholarships
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are a joint initiative between the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (with funding from DFID) and UK universities, to support scholarships for students from developing Commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the UK.
Shared Scholarships are offered on an annual basis for Master’s study only.
ADB – Japan Scholarship Program
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
It aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries* to pursue postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
The ADB-JSP enrolls about 300 students annually in 27 academic institutions located in 10 countries within the region.
The ADB-JSP provides full scholarships for one to two years.
* Developing member countries: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, People’s Republic of China, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, China, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, the Republic of Korea, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taipei,China, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam
By making any designation of or reference to a particular territory or geographical area, or by using the term “country” in the website, ADB does not intend to make any judgment as to the legal or other status of any territory or area. Boundaries, colors, denominations or any other information shown on maps do not imply, on the part of ADB, any judgment on the legal status of any territory, or any endorsement or acceptance of such boundaries, colors, denominations, or information.
Some members enter a new phase in their relationship with ADB as defined under the Classification and Graduation Policy.
Development-Related Postgraduate Courses
- Postgraduate courses for professionals from developing countries at German institutions of Higher education
- Duration: 12-24 months, depending on the particular institution
- Internationally recognised Master’s degree
- Includes German Universities and “Fachhochschulen” (Universities of Applied Science)
- Support of selected programmes with a variety of full or partial scholarships
- Funded by the BMZ (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development) but admission is also open to self-financed participants or students financed through government or other sources
- Academic year 2014/2015
Italian Government Bursaries for foreign and I.R.E. students
Applications for the Academic Year 2013/2014
- The Italian bursary programme is expected to be published here by the end of April 2013.
Application deadline for the Academic Year 2012/2013 was June 11th, 2012.
- The “Special Projects” bursary programme is expected to be published here by the end of May 2013.
The “Special Projects” application deadline for the Academic Year 2012/2013 was July 15th, 2012.
- Italian language proficiency is a determining factor in being accepted for study in Italy and for being awarded a bursary. A B2 level “Certificate of Italian as a foreign language” must be submitted. Many Italian Cultural Institutes around the world offer Italian language courses and have language proficiency testing facilities. Check the Network of Italian Cultural Institutes for more information.
- Before submitting their applications prospective applicants to Italian bursaries must contact the university or institution in Italy where they intend to study. They are advised to be as fully informed as possible about the institution and course of study of their choice.
- For more information about studying in Italy check the M.I.U.R. website: http://www.study-in-italy.it/index.html and http://www.studiare-in-italia.it/studentistranieri/. Please also check the list of the International Offices of the main Italian Universities.
- For the Academic Year 2012/2013 this was the Public announcement of Italian Bursary Programme offered to foreign and I.R.E. students (Versione italiana)
- Requirements to extend or renew the Italian bursary after year 1. are specified in the Memorandum for Bursary Holders
- Countries, whose students may apply to Italian bursaries, appear on the Recipient Country List
- This is the List of the Special Projects (in Italian only) admitted to specific bursary programmes.
- Applicants may obtain country-specific information from the Italian diplomatic mission or Italian Cultural Institute in their country of origin, either in person or from the institutional websites. Contact details for Italian foreign missions abroad are available at Italian Embassies or Consulates Abroad
Helpful information for 2011-2012 academic year bursary-holders.
- Memorandum for bursary holders in Italy
- Procedures for bursary payments
- Accident/Health Insurance Policy
- List of Country Contacts at the Office VII, DGSP, MAE, Rome
- Italian Government Bursaries for Foreign Students (phdland.com)
- News: Winds of Change to award 2 student bursaries. Applications due May 1. (thewellnessalmanac.com)
- Private school bursaries: helping talent shine through (telegraph.co.uk)
- Connecticut Resident Elected to Italian Parliament (prweb.com)
- RCC Institute of Technology launches ‘What’s Your Passion?’, a $4000 Bursary Video Contest for Prospective and Current Students (prweb.com)
- Student travel bursaries (stigmaconference.com)
- Goldman Sachs offering scholarships to disadvantaged students (news.efinancialcareers.com)
- why learn italian? (funnyeasyitalian.wordpress.com)
- Greeley Stampede Accepting 2013 Scholarship Applications (k99.com)
- Win A $10,000 Go Daddy .ME Scholarship (prweb.com)